Don’t worry

Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Bible NIV Matthew 6:34)

This is the word Jesus Christ spoke in the Sermon on the Mount. Jesus said, “Tomorrow will worry about itself.” We don’t know what will happen tomorrow. So it’s a waste of time to worry about tomorrow. Of course we need to be prepared for tomorrow. But Jesus said that there was no need to worry for tomorrow.

Earl Nightingale, a pioneer in American self-development, said, “92% of worries don’t really happen.” He analyzes his concerns in this way.

・ 40% worries about things that cannot actually happen

・ What happened in the past 30%

・ Unnecessary health concerns 12%

・ Minor unnecessary worries 10%

If you add all this, it will be 92%. This means that only the remaining 8% are real concerns.

Worries and anxieties are self-destructive attitudes. People think about their unknown future and imagine various things that can happen, but I think there are many negative imaginations. I think that something bad may happen as a result of past events, or that you may become anxious about the uncertain future and tear yourself apart.

Jesus entrusts God with tomorrow and teaches us to live the day to the fullest. Tomorrow is the realm of God. I don’t think we should bring tomorrow’s problems to today. Unfortunately, the past cannot be revived. The past is the past. Only now is we surely know. It is important to live the day given to us today.

There is plenty of hard work that day. Do what you can do today. Do what you can do now. If you live in the past and the future too much, the work you should do today will be neglected. I think that concentrating on today’s day and living hard on today’s day will eventually lead to preparation for the future. Through the words of Jesus, we can learn the importance of living in the present (today, now), not in the past or in the future.

Sponsored Link


NIV, Holy Bible, Larger Print, Paperback B-NI-ZON LAKESIDE [ Zondervan ]
価格:1003円(税込、送料無料) (2022/1/8時点)


埼玉県で10年間&北海道で10年間牧師の働きをしました。現在は神奈川県の教会で協力牧師をしています。私自身が様々なことば(特に聖書のことば)で力づけられてきたので、希望に満ちたことばをお伝えしたいと願っています。I used to be a pastor in Saitama prefecture for 10 years and Hokkaido for 10 years. Now I am a cooperating pastor in Kanagawa prefecture. I myself have been empowered by various words(especially Bible ), so I would like to tell the hopeful words.